Monday, July 05, 2010

Decoding CAPTCHA's

Decoding CAPTCHA's



Most people don’t know this but my honours thesis was about using a
computer program to read text out of web images. My theory was that if
you could get a high level of successful extraction you could use it as
another source of data which could be used to improve search engine
results. I was even quite successful in doing it, but never really
followed my experiments up.
My honours advisor Dr
Junbin Gao http://csusap.csu.edu.au/~jbgao/
had suggested the
following writing my thesis I should write some form of article on what
I had learnt. Well I finally got around to doing it. While what follows
is not exactly what I was studying it is something I wish had existed
when I started looking around.

Decoding CAPTCHA's

No comments: