Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Where the hell was my camera?

I have seen meteors before but nothing like this. It was incredible. The thing seemed to be about a kilometre away at eye level and covered the entire length of the horizon in what seemed to be about 6 seconds. Blue flames were shooting out the back and I could see red particles flying off around it as it slowly arced towards the earth. The tail must have been a few hundred metres long. It hadn't burned out when I lost sight of it so i'm pretty sure it must have hit somewhere. Freaking unbelievable. But the weirdest thing of all is last night I dreamed almost the exact same thing. It looked identical to my dream with the blue tail with the red sparks but the whole scene was reversed. In my dream it cam down on a sharper angle and was moving from right to left instead of left to right. As I was watching the real thing tonight, I broke out in goosebumps because my dream ended in a huge explosion when the thing hit. I had a full 6 to 10 second of the most eerie feeling just waiting for the bang... I think I need to lie down.

Edit: It looked a little like this but with a more 'wavy' tail, shallower angle and a lot more red junk sparking off the front.

Image Source

No comments: